Total Resources are fully committed to our environmental responsibilities and we look to demonstrate our commitment to the environment through:
Our Environmental Commitments
We will demonstrate our commitment to the environment through:
• Compliance with legal and other relevant requirements.
• The continual improvement of environmental performance throughout our operations and activities.
• The prevention of pollution.
Our Environmental Objectives:
To underpin these commitments we have adopted the following:
• Management and reduction of waste from our operations and activities.
• Development of energy and water efficiency best practice where practicable.
• The identification and management of environmental risks arising from incidents and business activities.
• Consideration of our neighbours who may be affected by our activities.
• Promotion of improved environmental performance by our contractors and suppliers.
• Achievement and maintenance of an environmental management system conforming to ISO 14001.
Health & Safety
Total Resources consider the health and safety of our employees, sub-contractors, visitors and others who may be affected by our operations to be our highest priority. Therefore all Total Resources employees and any sub-contractors working for us are required to accept responsibility for the health and safety of themselves and others who may be affected by their acts and omissions and to fully cooperate with us in applying these principles.
Our Health & Safety Commitments
• Give the management of health and safety at least equal consideration to all other business functions.
• Commit to a continuous improvement of health and safety performance.
• Commit to meeting health and safety requirements and the prevention of injury and illness.
• To at least comply with legal and other requirements.
• Ensure that suitable and sufficient information training, instruction and supervision is provided so that all employees can complete their work in safety.
• Encourage our team to participate in all elements of the health and safety.
• Consult with our staff on health and safety matters through regular staff meetings which will include:
o The development of policy, procedures and review of accidents.
o Ensure that preventative and protective measures are effectively monitored.
o Promote the implementation of procedures that will prevent injury/ill health to employees.
o Become the focus for continuous improvement initiatives.
Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement
Total Resource UK Ltd (The Company) is committed to ensuring that acts of modern day slavery and human trafficking do not enter the business and its supply chain including sub-contractors. The Company acknowledges its responsibility to the Modern Slavery Act (2015) and will ensure transparency within the organisation and with suppliers of goods and services to the organisation, as well as the suppliers of services make up the supply chain within The Company.
As part of the Company’s due diligence processes into slavery and human trafficking the supplier approval process incorporates a review of the controls undertaken by its suppliers. Imported goods from sources from outside the UK and EU are potentially more at risk for slavery/human trafficking issues. The level of management control required for these sources will be continually monitored.
The Company will not support or deal with any business knowingly involved in slavery or human trafficking.
The Company Directors and senior management shall take responsibility for implementing this policy statement and its objectives and shall provide adequate resources (training, etc.) and investment to ensure that slavery and human trafficking is not taking place within the organisation or its supply chains.
A full copy of this policy and a copy of the Modern Slavery Act (2015) will be accessible to all employees electronically and can be obtained from the HR department upon request.
This policy statement will be reviewed annually.
The achievement of and continuing delivery of a quality service provision to our customers is essential to the on going success of Total Resources. We are therefore fully committed to providing exceptional standards of quality products across our services. This approach is based upon applying our corporate values to all areas of the business and promoting a culture that encourages the identification of innovative ideas, the application of integrated solutions and the achievement of continuous improvement in business performance. Therefore we will continue to demonstrate our commitment to quality.
We will demonstrate our commitment to quality through:
• Providing a focus on customer requirements.
• Compliance with legal and other relevant requirements including the requirements of NHSS 7, 12A/B, C, D and 16.
• The continual improvement of our performance throughout our operations and activities.
• Working within alliance agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, partnering arrangements and conventional relationships to acceptable systems.
• Operating effective quality management systems in all businesses within an integrated management framework.
• Consistently meeting the quality of products and services specified by clients and continuously improving performance in all activities.
• Providing relevant training to ensure that all employees are competent to carry out their work.
• Providing products, services and solutions that meet the needs and aspirations of its customers.
• Targeting the reduction of remedial and abortive work and the wastage of material resources by carrying out operations in an effective and efficient manner.
• Adopting an approach of evaluating the effectiveness and adequacy of operations and processes through established monitoring, measuring and reporting methods, and to ensure that as improvements are identified, they are introduced in all relevant parts of the business.
We believe that it is essential to demonstrate to our customers that Total Resources are professional in our business approach and act accordingly. Therefore we place great emphasis on achieving industry recognised standards of accreditation across our business operations and actively seek to develop our business networks to enhance our service provision.
ISO 9001:2015 specifies requirements for a quality management system where an organisation needs to demonstrate its ability to consistently provide product that meets customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, and aims to enhance customer satisfaction through the effective application of the system. Total Resources are accredited to ISO9001:2008.We offer our services throughout the UK to ensure a safe working environment for all of our clients with high quality Traffic Management schemes. Furthermore; with the adoption of the new Chapter 8 protocol and growing awareness of road safety issues by the general public, Total Resources afford the confidence you seek to meet your requirements.
Total Resources staff are also LANTRA qualified and we pro-actively ensure that we are meeting industry standards. LANTRA National Highways Sector Schemes are quality management schemes designed to ensure that the installation of traffic management is undertaken to industry and nationally recognised standards. In particular the Sector scheme 12D provides training for, and assessment of, competence required to work on installing, maintaining and removing temporary traffic management on or near to rural or urban roads.
Total Resources are also a part of the Achilles community, as an independent, collaborative and neutral partner which buyers and suppliers trust. We believe Achilles neutrality lets us add value for all our stakeholders as they trust the validation and accuracy which Achilles offers as well as the fair
Federation of Small Businesses
We are also a member of the Federation of Small Businesses.